Protect your device from theft or damage -
• At Nex-Tech Wireless, we understand that your wireless device is a significant part of your everyday life. Whether you use it for business or personal reasons, or if you simply have a wireless phone for protection in an emergency situation, you realize that being without it can be an unpleasant experience. In that event, you may be faced with the decision to purchase new equipment. As a service to our customers, Nex-Tech Wireless offers Phone Guard, a low cost protection against such situations. If your device is under warranty, it will be handled separately from this program.
• Protection for your devices in the event of theft, loss, damage or post-warranty defects.
• Same-day replacement.
• Free technical support (via Customer Care and Nex-Tech Wireless retail store locations).
What is covered by Phone Guard?
• This program covers accidental physical damage, loss, malfunctions past the manufacturer’s warranty, and theft to wireless devices for which a serial number is registered and on file with Nex-Tech Wireless.
How do I enroll?
• If you would like to enroll in this program, simply stop by any of our convenient locations. Our policy requires that we complete a performance check before enrolling any device into the Phone Guard program.
When am I covered by Phone Guard?
• Coverage for new activations will begin immediately following enrollment in the program.
• Existing customers cannot file claims on equipment for the first 30 days of Phone Guard and only after a Nex-Tech Wireless representative conducts a performance check on the device.
How do I file a claim?
• In the event of a lost or stolen device, contact Nex-Tech Wireless Customer Care at 844-621-2606 immediately to report the loss.
• Nex-Tech Wireless will provide a replacement device of like kind.
• For damaged devices, you must bring it to a Nex-Tech Wireless location or authorized agent location.
How am I billed for the program?
• The Device Program monthly fee will appear on your monthly Nex-Tech Wireless bill.
How many claims can I file?
• Phone Guard allows for 3 replacements within a one year period. If you exceed 3 replacements within a one year period, you will continue to pay for Phone Guard but will be unable to file a replacement until you have reached the anniversary of your first replacement. If you are on Family Phone Guard you can share your claims.
How do I cancel my protection?
• You may cancel Phone Guard one year from the date of your last claim or at any time if no claims have been filed. Please contact Nex-Tech Wireless Customer Care to assist with cancellation.
Terms and Conditions
This program covers accidental physical damage, loss, malfunctions past the manufacturer’s warranty, and theft to wireless devices for which a serial number is registered and on file with Nex-Tech Wireless. This program replaces the device and additional related accessories lost or damaged. This program covers any additional related accessories included in the original box at the time of sale, but does not include: any antenna or wiring that is attached to or protrudes from, or is on the exterior of any vehicle or structure. No cash reimbursement will be made & deductibles are non-refundable.
Various provisions in this program extend or restrict Phone Guard. Read the entire Phone Guard Program as outlined below carefully to determine rights, duties and what is and is not protected.
A. Phone Guard
Protected Property, as used in this Phone Guard Program, means the following property: wireless device, related accessories and equipment included with device’s kitted packaging.
2.Property Not Protected
Protected Property does not include: antenna or wiring that is attached to, or protrudes from, or is on the exterior of any vehicle or structure or additional accessories added to the device.
Phone Guard for new activations will begin immediately following enrollment in the program.
Existing customers cannot file replacements on equipment for the first 30 days of adding Phone Guard and only after a Nex-Tech Wireless representative conducts a performance check on the device.
Phone Guard allows for 3 replacements within a one year period. If you exceed 3 replacements within a one year period, you will continue to pay for Phone Guard but unable to file a replacement until you have reached the anniversary of your first replacement. You may cancel Phone Guard one year from the date of your last replacement or at any time if no replacements have been filed. If you are on Family Phone Guard you can share your claims.
The program will be considered void in any case of fraud, intentional concealment or misrepresentation of material fact, by either the account holder or the designee at any time. The account holder may be held responsible for full restitution of any equipment and services issued. Phone Guard will no longer be allowed on the account.
1. We will not replace device in event of “loss” caused directly or indirectly by any of the following. Such “loss” is excluded regardless of any other cause or event that contributes concurrently or in any sequence to the “loss.”
a. Nuclear Hazard- (1) any weapon employing atomic fission or fusion; or (2) Nuclear reaction, or radioactive contamination from any other cause. But we will replace device for direct “loss” caused by fire if the fire would be covered under this Protection Form.
b. Governmental Action- (1) seizure or destruction of property by order of government authority (2) The enforcement of any ordinance, law or order that requires the extraction, removal, cleanup or restoration of environmental damage.
c. War and Military Action- (1) war, including undeclared or civil war; (2) Warlike action by a military force, including action hindering or defending against an actual or expected attack by any government, sovereign power, or other authority using military personnel or other agents; or (3) insurrection, rebellion, revolution, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering or defending against any of these.
2. We will not replace device for damage or loss caused by or resulting from any of the following:
a. Wear and tear, inherent vice, latent defect, gradual deterioration.
b. Artificially generated electric current, including electric arcing, that disturbs electrical devices, appliances or wires. But if “loss” or damage by fire results, we will replace device for that resulting damage.
c. Mechanical or electrical breakdown. But if “loss” or damage by a protected cause of “loss” results, we will replace device for that resulting damage after the 12 month warranty period has expired.
d. Change in color or finish.
e. Delay, “loss” of use or “loss” of market, or any interruption of business.
f. Dishonest, criminal or negligent act by you, any of your family members living in the same household as you, any of your partners, employees, or any other person to whom you entrust the property for any purpose other than a carrier or other bailee for hire.
g. “Loss” or damage caused by or resulting from seizure or destruction of property by order of governmental authority.
h. “Loss” or damage caused by or resulting from illegal transportation or trade.
i. “Loss” caused by or resulting from the delay in repairing or replacing the Covered Property due to interference at the location of the repair or replacement by strikers or other persons.
When a Phone Guard Claim is completed, the old equipment becomes the property of Nex-Tech Wireless and will not be returned to the customer. If your phone is under warranty it will be handled separately.